Nuclear physics in Heidelberg in the years 1950 to 1980. Personal recollections
Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik, 69029
a e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received in final form: 3 June 2015
Published online: 7 July 2015
After World War II, nuclear physics was a central research theme in the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy at Heidelberg University. That tendency was amplified by the founding of the Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik in Heidelberg in 1958. The author witnessed these developments as a student and, later, as a member of the Heidelberg Faculty and of the Max-Planck-Institut.
© EDP Sciences, Springer-Verlag 2015